You DO NOT have to GIVE-UP the FOOD that you LOVE to be VEGAN! In this recipe we will cover how to make VEGAN NACHOS! It's time to DITCH DAIRY and GO VEGAN...
ESTIMATED PREP && COOK TIME: ~30 Minutes
- Tortilla chips *
- 1 can black beans *
- 1 jar of salsa *
- Small sweet onion *
- Vegan cheese *
- Avocado *
- Lettuce *
Why replace dairy cheese with vegan cheese?
Cow's milk protein allergy is a common food allergy in infants and children along with lactose intolerance. Approximately 65 percent of the human population has a reduced ability to digest lactose AFTER infancy. Benefits of a DAIRY-FREE diet include less bloating, better respiratory health, improved digestion (relieve cramps, stomach pain, bloating, gas, diarrhea), clearer skin, reduces risk of cancer, decreases oxidative stress, and prevent milk allergy and sensitivity reactions.
Facts from Cowspiracy:
- Animal agriculture is the leading cause of species extinction, ocean dead zones, water pollution, and habitat destruction
Livestock is responsible for 65% of all human-related emissions of nitrous oxide – a greenhouse gas with 296 times the global warming potential of carbon dioxide, and which stays in the atmosphere for 150 years
- Animal agriculture water consumption ranges from 34-76 trillion gallons annually
- Agriculture is responsible for 80-90% of US water consumption
1,000 gallons of water are required to produce 1 gallon of milk
130 times more animal waste than human waste is produced in the US – 1.4 billion tons from the meat industry annually. 5 tons of animal waste is produced per person in the US
- Drain and wash black beans. Warm black beans up in a pot on stove-top...
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line a steel pan / cookie tray with aluminum foil
- Scatter your organic tortilla chips on the foil
- Spoonful some salsa over ALL of the chips
- Cut and dice some organic sweet onion and sprinkle over chips and salsa
- After the black beans have cooked / warmed up, add them to the nachos
- Add your vegan cheese. We used Daiya Vegan Cheddar Cheese this time but feel free to use your favorite vegan cheese recipe
- Place your nachos in the oven and bake at 350 for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes they should look like this...
- While nachos are baking, prepare your avocado and cut / dice some lettuce
- After you take the nachos out of the oven, evenly spread avocado chunks and lettuce over nachos
- Enjoy your VEGAN NACHOS! We also add some hot sauce...
If you are looking to add some sort of meat substitute to these nachos we recommend adding jackfruit!